Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A YA Author is Living Among Us!!!!!

Yes, there is a new young adult author living right here in Flower Mound, Texas!!!  How awesome is that!?  Stephanie Amox, the author of Painfully Ordinary (kNight Romance Publishing, 2010), lives about five minutes from Flower Mound High School!  Who would have known?  She came by today to donate a signed copy of her book and chat for awhile!  Turns out that parts of her book take place in Flower Mound, and the main characters attend school at Marcus High School, just down the street!  I actually downloaded a sample of the book and began reading it when she contacted me a couple of days ago.  Hold onto your hats!  This is a great read, and sequels are already in the works!  Pictured above with Stephanie, who is holding a copy of her debut novel, are me (on the left) and Melinda Buchanan, FMHS English teacher and my partner in YA lit adventures, on the right.  Look for a review when I finish the book!